Twelve-step meetings help young adults realize they’re not alone on their journey of recovery. At meetings, individuals have an opportunity to share their feelings and hear other people share their experience, strength and hope.
At 12-step meetings patients:
- Express their thoughts and feelings in a safe and anonymous setting.
- Recognize the situations that led them to addiction.
- The first step is completed during treatment and patients continue to attend daily 12-step meetings post treatment.
- Meetings are available for various addictions and needs, as well as gender specific meetings.
- Patients are directed to local 12-step meetings in their hometowns and are encouraged to find a home group, obtain a sponsor, and work the 12 steps.
- By meeting the physical, mental and spiritual needs of patients, the 12-step program helps to:
- Prevent relapse
- Teach better self-control
- Provide lasting recovery
Treatment Program For Young Adults
The Claudia Black Young Adult Center in Wickenburg, Arizona, provides an intensive, experientially based 45-day treatment program for young adults ages 18 – 26 who are struggling with unresolved emotional trauma, addiction, have a dual diagnosis or who have failed past addiction treatments. Dr. Claudia Black - renowned author, speaker, and trainer who has been working with family systems and addictive disorders since the 1970s - is the clinical architect of the Claudia Black Young Adult Center.
In a safe and nurturing community composed of their peers, young adults are guided on their journey of recovery by examining the underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders. The goal is for these individuals to gain the courage to face difficult issues, including grief and loss; heal from emotional trauma; and become accountable for their own feelings, behaviors, and recovery. Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 855-333-6075.