The Claudia Black Young Adult Center is a groundbreaking, intensive, and experientially based inpatient treatment program for young adults ages 18 to 26. Our goal is to help restore hope, healing and health to young adults who have lost focus and who are unable to embrace independent lives due to unresolved trauma, addictions or other issues, including failed past treatments.
The Claudia Black Young Adult Center is the best choice for young adults because:
- 45-day program: Research reveals that 45-day stays increase recovery rates.
- 12-Step work: Focusing on relapse prevention allows for a comprehensive and thoughtful treatment approach.
- Designed by experts: Our program was created by pioneers in their respective fields, including Dr. Claudia Black and Dr. Shelley Uram.
- Engage the family: Patients and their families are encouraged to address complex family systems issues.
- Holistic approach: Mindfulness activities and life skills are incorporated into the recovery process.
- Discovery and ownership: We work with patients to confront their issues in a positive manner in order for them to develop a sense of their true potential, allowing them to take responsibility for their lives.
Effective Multiphase Treatment
Young adults ages 18 to 26 often have a perception of feeling “in-between,” knowing they are free from adolescent struggles and looking for independence. In many cases, though, they are still closely connected to their parents or other caregivers. For this reason, we have developed a customized approach to target this unique population. Addictions, psychological trauma and certain mood disorders may surface during this time period in a person’s life and may be connected to the presence of a deregulated brain stem. The Claudia Black Young Adult Center understands the enormous complexity of how the human brain functions in young adults. We utilize proven treatments to help regulate our patients during the healing process, allowing them to embrace long-term recovery.
Young Adult Focus
- Phase I “Rise” – The introduction of treatment concepts and orientation of patients to the program and community.
- Phase II: “Grow” – Treatments to address self-awareness, trauma, the limbic system and emotion regulation.
- Phase III: “Develop” – Addresses self-interdependence, competency and life skills necessary to make informed choices and establish a commitment to the ongoing process of recovery.
Our treatment methods include:
- Trauma Informed Psychodrama
- Somatic Experiencing®
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy
- Expressive Arts Therapy
The Claudia Black Young Adult Center team introduces fun into recovery in order to resonate with young adults and to promote interdependence and competency allowing them to make informed choices. Being part of a community and participating in daily community meetings allow patients to:
- Develop essential life skills
- Improve communication skills
- Engage with peers and staff
- Set goals
- Secure positive affirmation
- Develop boundaries
The Claudia Black Young Adult Center
The Claudia Black Young Adult Center in Wickenburg, Arizona, provides an intensive, experientially based 45-day treatment program for young adults ages 18 – 26 who are struggling with unresolved emotional trauma, addiction, have a dual diagnosis or who have failed past addiction treatments. Dr. Claudia Black - renowned author, speaker, and trainer who has been working with family systems and addictive disorders since the 1970s - is the clinical architect of the Claudia Black Young Adult Center.
In a safe and nurturing community composed of their peers, young adults are guided on their journey of recovery by examining the underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders. The goal is for these individuals to gain the courage to face difficult issues, including grief and loss; heal from emotional trauma; and become accountable for their own feelings, behaviors, and recovery. Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 855-333-6075.