Young adults have been raised with the use of technology in every-day life. For some this has led to the unhealthy use of social media, video gaming, and even pornography. At the Claudia Black Young Adult Center, we assess and work with patients to address the addictive or otherwise unhealthy relationship they may have with screen-related behaviors and addictions.
Signs of addictive gaming:
- Increasing amounts of time spent on computer and gaming activities
- Failed attempts to control behavior
- Heightened sense of euphoria while involved
- Craving more time on gaming activities
- Neglecting friends and family
- Restless and agitated when not engaged in the activity
- Being dishonest with others about how time is spent
- Gaming interfering with job/school performance
- Feeling anxious and depressed as a result of behavior
- Changes in eating and sleep patterns
- Withdrawal from other pleasurable activities
In many instances, addictive gaming results in serious health issues and is a major disruption in learning healthy social skills which at times leads to extreme social anxiety and isolation resulting in depression which has even led to suicide.
Young Adult Addiction Treatment
At the Claudia Black Young Adult Center, we understand the seriousness of gaming addiction. In a safe and nurturing community composed of their peers, young adults are guided on their journey of recovery by examining the underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders.
The goal is for these individuals to gain the courage to face difficult issues, including grief and loss; heal from emotional trauma; and become accountable for their own feelings, behaviors, and recovery. Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 855-333-6075.