Meet Dr. Claudia Black
The clinical architect of our young adult program
Claudia Black, PhD
Internationally recognized for her pioneering and cutting-edge work with family systems and addictive disorders, Dr. Claudia Black’s work with children impacted by drug and alcohol addiction in the late 1970s fueled the advancement of the codependency and developmental trauma fields. Dr. Black’s passion to help young adults overcome obstacles and desire to strengthen families continue to form the foundation of the Claudia Black Young Adult Center. Not only is Dr. Black the clinical architect of this groundbreaking treatment program, she is also actively involved with the treatment team, patients, and their families.
A Prolific Author, a Pioneering Treatment Professional
Widely recognized for her contributions to the field of addiction and trauma treatment, Dr. Black has more than a dozen books to her credit. She has produced seven audio CDs addressing issues of addiction and recovery and created 20 DVDs for professionals to use in working with families and clients.
- It Will Never Happen to Me
- Changing Course
- My Dad Loves Me, My Dad Has A Disease
- Repeat After Me
- Relapse Toolkit
- A Hole in the Sidewalk
- Depression Strategies
- Straight Talk
- Family Strategies
- Anger Strategies
- Deceived: Facing Sexual Betrayal
- Lies and Secrets
- The Truth Begins With You
- Intimate Treason: Healing the Trauma for Partners Confronting Sex Addiction
- Unspoken Legacy
- National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Lifetime Achievement Award
- Father Joseph C. Martin Professional Excellence Award
- Marty Mann Award
- SECAD Award
- National Council on Alcohol and Drug Addiction Educator of the Year
- 2010 Conway Hunter Award for Excellence in the Field of Addiction
- Distinguished Alumni Award University of Washington School of Social Work
Our experienced, compassionate Admissions team is here to help 24 hours a day and will treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve. Let our specialists help you create a road map to get you where you want to go: a healthier, more balanced, fulfilling place in life. When you call, you’ll be led through a series of questions to determine if the Claudia Black Young Adult Center is the right fit for your needs, and how soon your treatment can begin.
If you are interested in treatment for yourself or a loved one, call or fill out our convenient Admissions form!
CONTACT OUR ADMISSIONS OFFICE
OR COMPLETE AN ADMISSIONS CONTACT FORM
Click below to start the admissions process today